Butter chicken is widely regarded as one of the most popular local dishes from India. The sauce to butter chicken varies between chefs, where it can be made as hot or mild to your taste palate.
The colorful selection of spices added to this bowl is best accompanied by jasminris or oven baked flatbread naan. Here I will share this excellent and mildly spicy butter chicken recipe, which can be cooked easily in 5 easy steps.
1) 500 grams of boneless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
2) 1 lemon juice
3) salt and red chilli powder for taste
4) 1 cup of yogurt
5) 2 teaspoons of gingerbread
6) 2 teaspoons garlic
7) 1 1/2 tbs tandoori masala
8) 1 teaspoon butter
] 9) 2 cardamom
1) 1 cinnamon stick
14) 1 teaspoon garam masala
15) 1 teaspoon of honey
12) 1 bacon
11) 1 bacon
12) 1 medium ripe tomatoes mixed ] 16 tbsp of dried fenegreek leaves
17) 250ml thick creme
18) Extra butter or coriander for garnish
1) Marinate the chicken buns in lemon juice, salt , chilli powder, yogurt, ginger, garlic and tandoori powder for at least half an hour. Marinating that night will be the best.
2) Preheat the oven to the highest barbecue setting. Place the chicken on a baking sheet closest to the grill and grill for at least 10 minutes on each side or cooked. Let the chicken boil until it just starts to boil.
3) To prepare the sauce, heat and melt the butter. Add cardamom, cinnamon sticks and cloves to it.
4) Stir stir fry for a moment before putting tomatoes and tomato paste. Let it simmer on low to medium heat, half covered, for approx. 15-20 minutes. You will notice the sauce thick and the oil will form a movie on top. If the sauce is too thick you can add a small amount of water.
5) Add the rest of the ingredients and grilled chicken and simmer for another 15 minutes. Garnish with butter or coriander.
I hope this easy recipe has been useful and your taste buds have been satisfied, as this dish made for me. Feel free to follow my other recipes and articles to learn more about food from different cultures and countries.